Best Way to Relax on the Weekend

>> Sunday, October 4, 2009

It is so important to take time to relax -- it's an important factor in our overall wellness. For me, that only ever happens on the weekends, and honestly I have to push it to make it happen even then.
But I have to say that I did just spent the most relaxing weekend ever, doing absolutely nothing!

HeartOfHealing.com calls relaxation "perhaps the single most important key to health and well-being." Relaxation helps to reduce stress which many have said is the biggest contributor to poor health. It also gives the heart a rest -- reduces blood pressure and muscle tension -- and helps you to sleep at night.
The best part is that relaxation restores your energy. In this crazy world we live, it's important to rest and relax, at least once in awhile!

I discovered a fun little website called bestuff.com over the weekend. It compiles visitors thoughts on the "best stuff". You can click in to see other's opinions on the best of whatever it is that you are looking for.

In my super relaxation mode, I punched in "best way to relax on the weekend" and here's what I got:
- getting lost in a song
- shopping
- travelling
- taking long shower or bath
- having a massage
- swimming (although this certainly does NOT give your heart a rest!)

The first three certainly hit home ... and for me running does the trick every morning!

I hope this finds you well -- Jim.

1 comments:

RyanDrumwright October 5, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

Getting lost in a song is a good one.

When I need to relax, I like to take a long walks in the park, and visit art museums. Those two things always relax me, and get me charged up for the week ahead!

Nice post,

Ryan

Post a Comment