Why I Love Brands

>> Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I love brands, I really do. Which I guess explains why I chose a career in marketing way back in high school.

Brands become something that we can rely on, something that we can trust. We incorporate them into our lives and they add value. We stick by brands when they stick by us. When we become loyal to a brand, it's because we've come to need it and we know exactly what to expect from it.

Which is why stories like the one featured on msnbc yesterday make me so frustrated. One of our Executive Assistants, Connie Zeros, found it for me. It is at the heart of what a brand is all about, and it is at the center of the controversy surrounding generic products. In this case, generic prescription drugs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30940044/

For those of you who also love brands, I encourage you to give it a read.

Hope this finds you well -- Jim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment