Generic Drugs

>> Wednesday, September 30, 2009

As a lover of brands and a career-long marketer, I've never been a fan of generics. It's not that I don't get the concept of getting the same product at a lower price, that part theoretically makes sense. I just don't believe it, particularly in healthcare products. But that's just my opinion and my own purchasing behavior -- I stick to brands that I know and trust.


In the attached article, a research company exposed a recent news clip from Fox News about the safety and "sameness" of generic drugs versus their branded equivalents. The news clip calls into question whether the generic version is in fact EXACTLY the same as the branded original formula.




Of interest here is that the research company found that nearly half of the viewers of the Fox News clip were then less likely to buy generics drugs. Hmmm....so knowledge can indeed be power, as in purchasing power.


Hope this finds you well -- Jim.


0 comments:

Post a Comment