Advertising Week

>> Thursday, September 17, 2009

Advertising Week is next week here in New York.

I have to admit that I've never paid that much attention to it (my apologies to the organizers). But for whatever reason, this year it is totally on my radar. Maybe I'm just more aware, or maybe the organizers have done a great job marketing Advertising Week this year. Not sure which it is, but I am totally pumped this year.


As part of my AdAge subscription, I received a complete guide to the week's activities which really got me going. Jammed pack with events. Plus it's all there on the event website at http://advertisingweek.com/. For a really simple registration fee of $49, you can enroll and then choose the events that interest you. There are a ton.



Helayne Spivak and I are certainly going to the opening gala in Times Square. It'll be great to catch up with colleagues old and new. And then I've literally circled all the events during the week that I'm planning to attend (clients permitting of course).

Topics include traditional issues like media planning and creative development. And of course "hotter" topics around social media and our evolving industry are covered as well.



One to highlight is Big Ad Gig -- it's a talent contest to help young talent get a start in the industry. Our very own Helayne is a judge, and we will be hosting one of the winners here at Saatchi Wellness for a month-long freelance gig. We are looking forward to it.



So if it's not on your radar this year, I encourage you to visit the website (http://advertisingweek.com/) and check out some of the events. See you there?!





Hope this finds you well -- Jim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment